Wednesday 30 October 2013

Twitter just became a bit more Visual

I've always been a little envious of my friends who have businesses of their own and can use beautiful photos of their products to increase sales, entice new customers or followers on Twitter, for example.  If I see a picture of a pretty  necklace, for example, I don't want to read the text underneath, I just want to know where I can buy it.  I'm a marketer's dream!

Not so easy for those of us who are in the B2B sector.  Fortunately, Vine is an app which may go some way to solving this problem and which will enable potentially uninspiring and text heavy posts to be livened up a little.  It's available for iOS (via iTunes) and Android users (via Google Play) and setting up an account takes about two minutes. 

Vine on Twitter

Vine gives you the option to link up with your Twitter and/or Facebook accounts and then add any images or short-looping videos you want to use  to your tweets/posts.  Well, you could do that anyway, couldn't you?  You could but only a link was visible in a tweet, for example, which may not have generated enough interest for people to click through.  Vine, however, offers a 'taster' of the video attached which may make the difference between attracting a potential client  or not.

This is quite a handy tool for Virtual Assistants, in particular, to have under their belts both from the point of view of promoting their own business and that of a potential client's.  I've noticed that quite a few virtual assistants share helpful tutorials on LinkedIn.  You could now tweet a post and include a link to your video using Vine for increased visibility.  Also, if a potential client is looking to hire a virtual assistant and knows you have better social media skills, that may be enough to clinch the deal for you.

Please do sign up to my Blog at Virtuoso Assistant for regular updates or find out how I can help your business.

Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment